Thank you for replying. While I don't have duplicates of the dotdeb it
seems that when I attempted to remove nginx after removing these
repositories I kept getting warnings that dependencies belonging to dotdeb
were still being called out. That makes me think I screwed up removing the
repository.

So I ran apt-get autoremove and then update seemed to clear it out, thx, sam