The fact that you can restore the system part of the OS means that you only
need to backup you applications and your data, but not the OS.
Personally, I backup my data into the cloud manually (most of it is in Git
repositories, but some in GDrive, OneDrive), and if the system collapses,
then it's already time to reinstall anyway...