Hi folks,

Got some info and requests:

#1) I will be out of town for the June 13th NLUG meeting. I need someone to
run the meeting (Vincent? Howard?). I will post notes on what I had lined
up so far, and possible speakers I'm waiting to hear from. We may have an
influx of people from the first Linux+ study session, as I will be
promoting NLUG meetings, the mailing lists, and the Meetup group at the
Nashville Software School this Saturday. Based on what I have so far, I was
originally planning announcements + updates, a lightning talk or two, then
feedback and suggestions from Linux+ study group attendees for the June
NLUG meeting.

#2) Planning for the first study session this Saturday has been
interesting. From the comments and emails I've received (public and
private), it seems we'll have a roughly 50%/50% mixture of Linux newbies
who will need help with everything vs experienced Linux users who are
looking for a relatively easy couple of certs to add to their resumes.
Recommend your favorite resources (online and off; ie books, magazines,
etc., in the latter case) for Linux newbies, please. I want to build a
resource list, not just for the study sessions but as a section for our
eventual new website.

#3) I need a place to host the first study session slides. Meetup no longer
allows file hosting for groups, and Dropbox has gone to a semi-extortion
revenue model for free users: they now allow comments on shared files,
which at first doesn't sound like a big deal until you realize that there's
no way to turn off, delete or even moderate comments unless you switch to a
paid account. This allows any spammer or troll with a throw-away account to
say whatever they want. 4chan has had a lot of fun with this (let that sink
in). So, what we need is a place where we can upload study session slides &
notes, slides from previous NLUG talks, etc., for a few months until we can
get the new website going, give out the URL publicly (via Meetup, this
mailing list, etc.), and not have to worry about spamming, trolling, or
other disruptions. Suggestions?

#3.141592653) Pi; makes a good fake phone number (ten digits) or social
security number (nine digits) for places that require that info when you
don't want to give it out. Just thought I'd mention that.

~~ Dru Myers / jonnyX
~~ NLUG President