On 10/21/2017 6:23 PM, Chris McQuistion wrote:
Maybe make sure your router is using WPA/WPA2 and TKIP/AES and then try again.

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 5:08 PM, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com <mailto:j...@jfeldredge.com>> wrote:

    On 10/21/2017 5:00 PM, John F. Eldredge wrote:

        I purchased some WiFi-controlled light switches recently, and
        have spent several hours today trying to set up a separate
        SSID on my home router for the WiFi devices, as a security
        measure. I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 on a Linksys E1200 v2
        router. The problem I run into is that, whenever I try to
        connect to the secondary SSID, my phone tells me that the
        password is incorrect, even though I made sure the password I
        entered matches what I set up for that SSID. I can connect to
        the primary SSID without any problems. Does anyone have any
        suggestions?

    Further testing has revealed that I can connect to it fine if I
    set it to not have a password. Setting a password (and using WPA2
    security) results in the "incorrect password" error. It is
    definitely a DD-WRT bug, rather than a hardware issue.

I verified that my router is using WPA2 Personal and TKIP. On the phone side, there is no way to specify that; I suppose it queries the router when it tries to connect. I can connect to the physical interface without a problem (it is also using WPA2 Personal and TKIP), and I can connect to the virtual interface if I set its security to "None", but trying to connect to it with it using WPA2 Personal results in the phone displaying "authenticating" for about half a second, then popping up a dialog box that says I entered the wrong password, even though I entered the correct password. I have also posted a message on the DD-WRT forum about this issue.

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NLUG" group.