On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 03:10:27PM -0800, Vincent Brown wrote:
> This would be good to discuss at tonight's meeting. Speaking of which, the
> meeting link is posted on the meetup event.

Just as a small point of clarification there is zero indication that IBM
had anything to do with this, both from speaking with insiders at the
'hat, my connection to the CentOS Project, or the timelines involved.

This also dates back to the 2019 release of CentOS 8 which was delayed
by politics which have since been verified to been a fight over whether
to release 8 or not at all.  They didn't have the spine to kill it so
they let it go GA knowing full well that they would be killing it off
in the near(ish) future.  It would have been far better for all
involved, consumers and the 'hat both, if they would have never let
CentOS-8 see the light of day.

Disclaimer: I have been part of the CentOS project for 10+ years; take
what I say as you will.

                                                        John
--
I consider the media to be indispensable to democracy,  We need an independent
media to hold people like me to account.  Power can be very addictive and it

-- Former President George W Bush, "Today" show interview, 27 February 2017