If you want to test the static vs dynamic up range you should be able to
determine via the routers interface what that is. Then setup a device using a
static is outside the dynamic range (ie 192.168.1.77 if all other devices are
192.168.1.100+) and see if it works. Some routers I’ve seen don’t let you
change the dhcp range you can use. I doubt this is the case here but it would
be a quick and easy test

Andrew Farnsworth
(804) 405-3630