Well, PJSIP can use a direct phone-to-phone path on port 5060 to transport
audio. if configured to do that. Can you change the PBX to Chan_SIP from
Chan_PJSIP for the extensions and see if your audio issues remain the same?
SIP passes audio through the PBX on 5060, so it might work differently for
you.
Aside from that, can you look in the Asterisk Info page under "Peers," do
you show your 4 phones on port 5060 listed as Avail? Here is one of mine
that is a PJSIP on a x64 FreeBBX 15 box:

Endpoint:  5232/5232                                            Not in
use    0 of inf
InAuth:  5232-auth/5232
Aor:  5232                                               1
Contact:  5232/sip:5232@10.10.150.83:5060            ff53c2b228 Avail
      14.568

Gibson Prichard
Nashville, TN