I may be asking too much here and am willing to pay anyone for their time:

One issue is for some reason as of recently our certificate is not trusted
so I'm running into errors like
Certificate Not Trusted Error - NET - -ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

I've tried wget https://www.site.net -m --no-check-certificate ...
 ... but that does not seem to get the job done.

I am hoping to eventually be able to go static and eliminate PHP (and its
vulnerabilities) and pay less for hosting and be more secure.