Good suggestion. I've got a 20 year old who isn't overly computer savvy
(despite my best efforts, he isn't interested in learning about anything
under the hood), so goodness only knows... Of course it isn't entirely
impossible other internet connected devices could have somehow become
infected, though that's less probable.

No problem this morning, but if it learns when traffic is more likely, it
could have switched off before I got up.

I'll see about monitoring overnight and see what happens.

Paul.