Totally agree.

Even my long term distain of Bill Gates ever since his "open letter
hackers" has somewhat mitigated distain got him and his company, the Gates
Foundation has been doing much good that no government entity had the
knowledge or political will to address.
I still don't give him a pass for bad historical actions, but do applaud
his good works.

As to personal tragedies... We all have them in life, and do not deny their
reality and try to support people no matter their station in life.

... Jack