What is the stream again and is it by chance also on YouTube?  If it's on
YouTube, then maybe it's downloadable from there as lots of YouTube content
is.  I'm guessing you already thought of all that though.

Something else I'd attempt is if software recording doesn't work, maybe
feeding audio output into another PC's audio input and recording that might
work or recording on a standalone audio recorder.  .. just my 2 cents.