On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 04:35:26PM -0800, Dan Harkless wrote:

> I know with sendmail this is undesirable, because the "plussed user" email
> addresses definitely correspond to a single mailbox.  I'm still a little
> fuzzy on qmail's "user-extensions", though.  Do they (always? usually?)
> correspond to a single maildrop?

Here is how it works:
 Suppose a message is sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  If there is no mh-nmh
 user, but there is user mh, then ~mh/.qmail-nmh is searched for
 instructions (filter, maildrop, etc).  If ~mh/.qmail-nmh does not
 exist, then ~mh/.qmail-default is looked into.  If ~mh/.qmail-default
 does not exist, then the mail is bounced to sender saying user mh-nmh
 does not exist.

To sum, mh-nmh is treated as a separate user, but all local parts of
the form mh-ext  are under user mh's control.  In particular, if any
of ~mh/.qmail-nmh ~mh/.qmail-default is empty, the mail appended to
~mh/Mailbox.

Mate