> Hello nmh'ers,
>
> since I started using nmh-1.0.4 instead of the ancient bundled version
> of mh on Tru64 UNIX, all mails I send have the header element
>
>       From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I have/had sendmail configured to rewrite outgoing mails such that
> the From: line had "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  That is no longer the case
> since I started using nmh-1.0.4.
>
> because <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is not a valid address, I need to do
> something about this...
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could send me tips on how
> to get back to the old format.

Are you sure your sendmail's rewriting properly?

I have this setuo;
emu     Gateway (by ppp and dynamic IP) to the world. RHL 5.0, sendmail 8.9.3
possum  My workstation, firmly attached to my private network.

My addresses DO get rewritten by sendmail (on both machines). I use some
odd capitalisation so I can see which machine did the rewriting.

It should not matter how nmh is configured, whether it calls sendmail
directly, or talks smtp; both ways should work fine.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield