[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter Seebach) writes:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Dan Harkless" writes:
> >
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter Seebach) writes:
> >> I looked for this in the FAQ, and couldn't find it.  I posted to comp.mail.m
> >h,
> >> but so far no responses that helped.

> >Are you failing to use repl's -group option?
>
> Ah-hah!  Correct you are... this leaves open the question of when, between
> MH (which did what I expected) and NMH (which does this), it changed.  But
> I'm fine with this, the "-group" option does fix it.  Thanks!

Early versions of nmh worked like MH, and then at some point (look at the
ChangeLog if you're really interested when) Richard added this -group thing,
not to universal acclaim.  Over the long haul, people not realizing they had
to start using -group has probably been the biggest nmh FAQ.

As I recall, the current CVS version of nmh makes it so it's no longer
necessary to use -group (but still allows it to be specified).

> That still doesn't explain (to me, anyway) why:
>
> %(lit)%(formataddr{to})\
> %<(nonnull)%(void(width))%(putaddr Orig-To: )\n%>\

> works around the big problem.  :)

Been too long since I delved into that % formatting language to easily debug
your problem.  It doesn't help if you change it to X-Orig-To, does it?

Dan Harkless                   | To prevent SPAM contamination, please
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | do not post this private email address
SpeedGate Communications, Inc. | to the USENET or WWW.  Thank you.