On May 10, 2002 at 16:04, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> ell, _since_ you asked ... I've already submitted it for a project n
> savannah.gnu.org.  By that, I mean that I've created a developer's
> account for myself and gone through the registration process to host a
> new project.  The project managers will be me and Shantonu Sen.  At
> this point I'm waiting for the project to be approved by the people who
> run savannah (as I understand it, that doesn't take too long), then I
> have to coordinate with them to place the repository files on their CVS
> server.  Then I guess we need to get everyone who had access on mhost
> or wants access on the new server access to savannah (account creation
> looks fairly painless; I guess I'll figure out about the admin side
> once the project has been created).

The admin side is not too bad.  I have played around with it recently
setting up a project I admin.  If you want to use savannah to help
track bugs and feature requests, it takes a little time to set up
the bug administration stuff inorder to customize if for a project.

As for savannah access, the main thing is for anyone who will want
write access to the project will need register accounts on savannah.
Then all you have to do is add which users should be developers and/or
admins and what priviledges they have.

Developers who setup accounts will have to register their ssh
public keys (protocal v1) for CVS access.  Each person can do this
via their "Account Maintenance" page.  If using OpenSSH, make sure
to have the following entry in your ~/.ssh/config file:

  Host subversions.gnu.org
      Protocol 1

Savannah allows you to create mailing lists for a project, but you
can ignore it if [EMAIL PROTECTED] will still be the developers
mailing list, or some other site is used.  You can use the "Edit
Public Info" page to enable/disable the services you want to use.

--ewh