> Jon Steinhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Also, I didn't mean to start a flame war with my questions
> > about the code.  It's my opinion that nmh has about twice as
> > much code as is really needed to do the job.  That excess
> > fluff makes the code harder to understand and maintain.  So
> > I'm gonna trim it out whenever I see it.  Not to show off,
> > but to make the code easier to deal with.
>
> If you want something to do as far as duplication reduction goes,
> check out mhbuildsbr.c and mhparse.c.  Have a barf bag handy.
>
> --
> Eric Gillespie <*> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Funny.  My main reason for looking at stuff is because I want to add features,
and right now there's nothing that I want to do there.  The changes that I made
to handle sending attachments at least keep the user from having to see that
stuff.  See doc/README-ATTACHMENTS in the CVS if you don't know about this.

My interest in m_getfld is because I'd like to experiment with the way that
attachments are shown.  It'd be interesting to get a bit of discussion on
this.  Basically, I don't like the way that message parts are treated
differently than messages.  To me, there's little difference between receiving
a message with two attachments and three messages.  I'd like to see an indented
scan that shows something like

5785+ 11/19 Eric Gillespie     Re: The continuing install-mh saga<<Jon Steinhar
 .1     <image/jpeg>
 .2     <image/jpeg>

ant then be able to do show/next/prev on stuff.  I find it really annoying to
have all body parts displayed in a single batch, especially those that involve
some interaction to get rid of, like closing an image viewer.

Jon