A lot of us use the "dcc:" header field. It acts like "bcc:" does on most other MUAs. Is there any reason not to add a paragraph about it to the send(1) manpage?

My Linux box is down right now, so I can't check this out, but here's a new paragraph. (I guess "Dcc:" works as well as "dcc:", which is what I use... but I'm not sure.) I'll include the existing "Bcc:" paragraph -- which, I think, the dcc info should follow:

If a "Bcc:" field is encountered, its addresses will be used for delivery, and the "Bcc:" field will be removed from the message sent to sighted recipients. The blind recipients will receive an entirely new message with a minimal set of headers. Included in the body of the message will be a copy of the message sent to the sighted recipients.

If a "Dcc:" field is encountered, its addresses will be used for delivery, and the "Dcc:" field will be removed from the message. The blind recipients will receive the same message sent to the sighted recipients.

Comments? Votes?

Jerry
--
Jerry Peek, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.jpeek.com/