I use nmh-1.0.4 in FreeBSD UNIX and have noticed that the
refile function occasionally eats a message.  It moves it from one
folder to another all right, but what ends up in the receiving folder
is a file containing all 0xFF's.

        I have tried to capture a message that triggers this behavior
but it is difficult since most messages do not self-destructand refile corectly.
When one does shred, I can't get it back to experiment with because,
by definition of the problem, it is simply gone.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group