Orbiting back, It looks to have only been deployed in anger with Google
POP.  And, in NEWS and the code it's marked as deprecated/unsupported for
various reasons. But I would imagine it still works fine on the SMTP side.

for O365 I am using mbsync with the python oauth2 external proxy, because I
need to coordinate MH with imap and this mechanism maintains a smallish
statefile on the MH side, which tracks the current IMAP message store
state.  Its "handle this imap store in a way which inc can read from, but
inc is now dependent on 3rd party code" hell. A hell I am comfortable in,
its the one with Banjos and Accordions but the food is good.

It very probably works, and works well if your inc use-case is POP, and
works for SMTP. I haven't tested this.

-G