From: owner-nmus...@globomaxnm.com
To: NONMEM
Sent: Mon Mar 22 16:45:22 2010
Subject: [NMusers] IntelVisualFortran Compiler 11.1, 64bit-systems, NONMEM7

dear NONMEM-users,

It is one month that I try installing NONMEM on a 64-bit WIN7 system. First I
understood that IntelVisualFortran Compiler 11.1 was necessary because good-old
CompaqVisualFotran is not
compatible with 64-bit systems. By installing IntelVisualFortran 11.1, it
became clear that Microsoft
software-development-kits (SDK) have also to be installed. After (seemingly)
successful installation
of SDK and IntelVisualFotran 11.1, the software indicates installation-command
to be "ifort".

However, when trying to install NONMEM7 via MS-DOS and typing:

D:
SETUP7 D: C:\nm7 ifort y link reg norec i unzip.exe nonmem7e.zip nonmem7r.zip

...compiler check fails, and "ifort" is not recognized, respectively.

Since I am not getting further help from ICON, I wonder if other users have
encountered similar problems. Generally, installation with new
IntelVisualFortran Compiler seems rather complex, especially for setting the
environmental properties.

thanks for any idea about how to proceed

best regards

Markus

--
Markus Joerger MD PhD
Department of Medical Oncology

--
The information contained in this email message may
contain confidential or legally privileged information and is intended solely