Jacob,

I am guilty of having performed such a bootstrap (but didn't do any of the
testing you describe).  Anyway, here's an opinion:  By using prior in nonmem
you are trying to get an approximation of what the pooled data fit would be and
get an OFV that is theoretically the same as if you did the pooled analysis.
Similarly I would think that such a bootstrap gives a measure of uncertainty
that is similar as would be found if you had pooled data - so if you increase
uncertainty on the prior element, then I would imagine you would get increase
in bootstrap uncertainty, the magnitude of which will vary depending on the
relative contribution of the data and prior (and thereby tell you whether
information is coming from the data or the prior).  For this reason, I think
without some exhaustive simulation exercise with lots of permutations of data
and prior informativeness, there is probably no straight-forward answer as to
how prior uncertainty affects bootstrap uncertainty, and would just try a
couple of bootstraps with increased uncertainty in the priors of parameters
that you think might be overly-influenced to see what happens.
BW,
Joe

Joseph F Standing
MRC Fellow, UCL Institute of Child Health
Antimicrobial Pharmacist, Great Ormond Street Hospital
Honorary Lecturer, London School of Pharmacy
Mobile: +44(0)7970 572435