Colleagues

I am analyzing data in which there are two distinct populations as a result of
CYP2D6 deficiency.  In one dataset, there are 18 subjects with rich data; one
of these subjects is markedly different.  In that the incidence of 2D6
deficiency is reported to be < 10%, one would expect only 1-2 deficient
subjects in this sample (consistent with the data here).

I was planning to use a mixture model as part of the analysis.  However, with
only one subject in the deficient population, I am not sure if that is
appropriate.

Does anyone have any relevant experience or insight into this issue?

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)