The following is an advertisement for an omployment opportunity at ICON
Development Solutions.

Director, Pharmacometrics R&D

Location- Anywhere in the US (office or home-based)

This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment
for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the
pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. The successful
person will be to provide a high level of pharmacometric experience and
expertise in combination with a thorough knowledge of mathematical,
statistical, and programming methods, in support of maintaining, debugging, and
enhancing pharmacometrics software such as NONMEM and PDxPOP.

Overview of the Role

 Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our
commitment to People, Clients and Performance.

 As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to
our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes
adding value to our business and meeting client needs.

 As a Manager, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and
create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our
processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.

 Travel (approximately 30 %) domestic and/or international

 Assist in debugging and enhancing future releases of NONMEM and PDxPOP
software

 Provide technical support for internal and external NONMEM and PDx-POP users.

 Become completely knowledgeable in the performance NONMEM and PDxPOP and have
a complete understanding o Bauerf source code

 Maintain the various list servers and mailboxes for NONMEM and PDx-POP.

 Assist in designing and conducting internal and external training courses and
workshops.

 Contribute to the systematic testing and evaluation of new pharmacometric
methods and software.

 Collaborate with Business Development to expand the market for PDx-POP and
NONMEM products.

 Be aware of revenue, costs, etc., of software products and workshops, and
provide guidance on how these may be improved.

 Provide expert guidance to pharmacokineticists, and medical scientists
regarding the application of pharmacometrics in drug development.

 Write scientific papers, articles, and chapters to support the company’s
endeavors in the development of new science.

 Attend and present at professional meetings, seminars, and workshops.

 Perform other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.

 At present this position does not have a supervisory role. However, the
person should have supervisory experience in managing staff remotely, and the
ability to coach and develop personnel.

Role Requirements / Skills / Experience Required

 Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical or Biomedical statistical field with at least 10
years’ experience.

 At least 10 years of experience in
pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic/mathematical modeling and simulation.

 Expertise in at least two mathematically based programming languages.
Experience in FORTRAN, Java, and Perl, and/or R/S-Plus are recommended.

 Excellent organization and communication skills.

We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open
and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with
opportunities to develop their long term career.

In addition you will have the opportunity to develop within your role and take
on further responsibilities or develop your skill set within other related
departments of ICON.

What’s Next

Following your application if you are successful you will be invited to an
initial telephone interview with one of our dedicated recruiters who will be
able to provide you with more details of this opportunity.
Please apply on line at www.iconplc.com/careers<http://www.iconplc.com/careers>
(Requisition Number 003214)

Robert J. Bauer, Ph.D.
Vice President, Pharmacometrics, R&D
ICON Development Solutions
7740 Milestone Parkway
Suite 150
Hanover, MD 21076
Tel: (215) 616-6428
Mob: (925) 286-0769
Email: robert.ba...@iconplc.com<mailto:robert.ba...@iconplc.com>
Web: www.iconplc.com<http://www.iconplc.com/>

ICON plc made the following annotations.
This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged
information
that is intended only for the individual or entity named in the e-mail address.
If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying,
distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the
sender, so that
ICON plc can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message.
Thank You,
ICON plc
South County Business Park
Leopardstown