From: Brett Glass <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Vint Cerf; Sean Donelan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: nnsquad@nnsquad.org <nnsquad@nnsquad.org>
Sent: Fri Mar 07 14:21:24 2008
Subject: Re: [ NNSquad ] Re: Civil Rights Groups Wants P2P Throttling  to
Preserve Rights (or something like that)

At 12:59 PM 3/7/2008, Vint Cerf wrote:

>the issue is whether I am using Brett's email services or not, as I
>see it. He is right to resist abuse of email relays. He is also right
>to limit total consumption. but I am not comfortable with the idea
>that he could inspect my packet content and decide on the basis of
>protocol or content what I can send.

Vint:

I find this highly ironic. As we are all aware, Google not only inspects the
contents of GMail users' highly personal e-mail but uses them to target
advertising at them. Certainly, this is far more egregious than simply
monitoring (and no more than we need to!) to stop abuse.

--Brett Glass