On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Tony <tony.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to handle the little
> transactions, such as those small deposits paypal places into your
> account when you link your bank with paypal for confirmation or ATM
> surcharge rebates my bank happens to give me, etc.
> Not sure if I should make a Misc Bucket or leave them Unassigned.  For
> some reason, I feel like everything should be Assigned.  Thanks.

I assign all transactions to my account to a bucket. For things like
this, I create the dreaded "Misc" bucket. I have one for income and
expenses. I use this bucket as an absolute last resort, because I want
to force myself to come up with a better classification.

But some thing just are misc and will never happen again. So there they go.

Patrick