I can now consistently reproduce this issue. I am using MoneyWell
1.4.3 (225).

Here are the steps to reproduce:

 1. Open MoneyWell
 2. File > New Document
 3. Hit "Cancel" on "Add Default Buckets" window
 4. Hit "Cancel" on when prompted to create new account
 5. Save document when prompted (I saved mine as "Test" on the
Desktop)
 6. Click on "New Bucket" button on toolbar and add a new bucket with
any name (I used "abc")
 7. Repeat step 6 to create another bucket (doesn't have to be the
same name, I used "def", etc.)
 8. Repeat step 6 again to create yet another bucket
 9. Drag the first bucket down the list as far as it will go (just
before the last bucket)
10. Repeat steps 8 & 9 until you hit the bug (I consistently hit the
bug after 4-9 total buckets have been created)

The "bug" is that when you release the bucket you were dragging, a
bucket with what appears to be no name is created there and you get
the following error message: The document "test" could not be saved.
name is a required value. After clicking "OK" you will now be in an
infinite loop where you get the error message about every 2 seconds
until you quit.

I'm wondering if what happens is that when you rearrange buckets,
MoneyWell internally is creating a new bucket with a blank name
temporarily and then renaming it. If MoneyWell happens to try to the
save the file while this is taking place, you hit this error. It seems
like there is a race condition between renaming the new bucket and
saving the file, which would explain why it takes a variable number of
times repeating steps 8&9 to hit the bug.