Hi,

A while ago, I asked:

> I think I'm still missing something, though.  When allocating income,
> how is the Allocated column calculated?  It doesn't seem to be simply
> the current amount in the bucket.  Is it affected when I move money
> between buckets?
>
> For example (not using exact figures), I have my mortgage set to All
> Month timing.  Say it's $1000.  I contributed $500 on the 7th and
> another $500 on the 22nd, so today I have $1000 in the bucket. But if
> I go to the Allocate Income dialog, the Allocated column shows $950.
> How could that be?

I have a clearer example... I have a bucket for monthly parking
expenses.  Generally, I allocate $175 a month and write a check that
drains that bucket.

One month, I had an extra parking-related expense for $100.  I
assigned that transaction to the Parking bucket (which left the
balance at -$100).  It was a work-related expense, so I got reimbursed
as part of my pay during the next month.  I manually moved $100 from
my Salary bucket to the Parking bucket to zero out that expense.
Then, when I went to allocate my income, MoneyWell calculated that it
only needed to put $75 into the Parking bucket.

My question is: Did I use this software incorrectly? I expected MW to
allocate $175 for Parking since the bucket was at $0 and not include
that other transfer.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Jay