On Apr 2, 2009, at 11:58 PM, tony.spranger wrote:

> i'm having some trouble getting things reconciled.
>
> i've just spent the past 2 days going over my bank statements and MW
> register.
>
> i found some problems the first time through and fixed those.  On the
> second time through ALL statements match bank information, but my MW
> register is off by over $400.
>
> any suggestions?  (and i have watched the video)

Tony,

If the individual statements are reconciled but the daily balance
doesn't match your bank, it could be that your starting balance
transaction is wrong.

If you don't have a starting balance transaction, follow these steps:

1. Click on your account and then click the Transactions title to
select all the transactions
2. Write down the sum shown at the bottom of the window
3. Find out your end of day balance from your bank as of the date of
your last transaction
4. Subtract the total in step 2 from the balance in step 3
5. Add a new transaction and date it the day prior to your first
transaction
6. Set the payee name to "Starting Balance"
7. Set the amount to the value from step 5
8. Right-click the transaction and set the Bucket Optional flag

Now you should be able to select a current transaction, look at the
end of day balance at the bottom of the window and it should match
your banks balance for that date.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com