On Apr 10, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Jason Frisvold wrote:

> A related question.  If you happen to have two similar transactions
> that
> want to merge with the wrong match, how do you fix that?  For example,
> if I have two transactions for $50, both on the same date.  The import
> brings in both transactions, but there's nothing to really distinguish
> one from the other.  They end up matching the wrong transaction,
> putting
> the wrong details in.

The Merge and Remove Duplicates window allows you to uncheck any
transactions you don't want automatically merged.

However, I've noticed it does not allow you to check any transactions
that it did not initially pick, which prevents me from telling
MoneyWell to merge transactions the other way around. The best
workaround I've found is to uncheck all the problematic ones and just
merge those manually.

Hey Kevin, would it be easy to implement an Option+Drag for manually
merging transactions, similar to what you can do for buckets (i.e.
just do the same operation the Merge and Remove Duplciates window
does)? It doesn't look like Option+Drag is currently mapped to
anything for transactions.

Thanks,
Lance