Isaac, awesome. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

Thomas, I'm assuming (it looks like) the code is not using the constants to
platform sniff (so to speak) but instead is feature detecting, so I'll be
setting them to whatever the browser FileSystem API supports. For instance,
the FileSystem API doesn't support symbolic links, etc...

Looks like in the process I'm going to be tripping over a lot of the
boundaries of browserify too. =) (SlowBuffer.byteLength... hmm...)

Cheers,
Adam