On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Tony Huang <cnwz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you guys.
>
> @Bert
>> I don't think it makes a difference. You should note that you have to
>> explicitly manage the lifetime of a persistent handle, e.g. you'd have
>> to Dispose() it when you no longer need it. Using persistent handles
>> where locals would be appropriate sounds like a recipe for blowing
>> your foot off to me.
>
> If I declared a Persistent handle like this:
>
> Persistent<Object> someObject = GetObject();
>
> And in the desturctor of the Persistent handle, it will not automatically
> invoke the Dispose() method?

No, it will not. Any object which has a Persistent<> wrapping it, will
stay alive
until Dispose() is invoked. You might also be interested in weak
references which
might be a better alternative to religiously keeping track of deletions. See
the Persistent::MakeWeak() method and associated callback.

Nikhil