2012/2/6 Koichi Kobayashi <koic...@improvement.jp>

> Hi,
>
> > var https = require('http');
>
> require('https')
>             ^
> :)
>

> On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:28:27 -0600, Mark Volkmann <
> r.mark.volkm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a simple HTTPS server that is very similar to the one in the
> > documentation for the HTTPS module. When I run it, I get "Error:
> > addListener only takes instances of Function" from the createServer call.
> > Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
> >
> > var fs = require('fs');
> > var https = require('http');
> >
> > var opts = {
> >   key: fs.readFileSync('mykey.pem'),
> >   cert: fs.readFileSync('mycert.pem')
> > };
> >
> > https.createServer(opts, function (req, res) {
> >   console.log('url =', req.url);
> >   res.statusCode = 200;
> >   res.end('Hello, World!');
> > }).listen(3002);
> >
> > --
> > R. Mark Volkmann
> > Object Computing, Inc.
> >
> > --
> > Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
> > http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs?hl=en?hl=en

First sorry my english, i can read, but not write god :P

Realy i'dont like mange the ssl and gzip from aplication side, you can use
a  reverse proxy like nginx or pound for work with ssl/gzip with the client
and palin/text comunication with the backends, is a god idea for escalation
to.

ex, in pound you can:

ListenHTTPS

    Address 50.33.231.23 # public ip

    Port 443   # public port, https

    Cert "/etc/pound/server.pem"  #cert file

    Service
          BackEnd
                  Address 127.0.0.1 #localhost
                  Port 3000  # you app port (http plain)
          End
    End

 End

With nginx you can:

server {
    server_name yourdomain.com;
    listen 443;
    ssl on;
    ssl_certificate /usr/local/nginx/conf/server.crt;
    ssl_certificate_key /usr/local/nginx/conf/server.key;

    # for static files
    location ~ \.(jpg|css|js|png|ttf|txt|gif|ico)$ {
           root /path/of/static
    }

    # rest
    location / {
           proxy_pass  http://lolcahost:3000;  # Your app open port
           proxy_set_header Host $host;
           proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;   # remember use this
header for remote addr
           proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https; # to know original
protocol usage
    }

}

--