On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 19:42, steve johnston
<steve.r.johns...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Despite the dependcies (previous post), I erased zlib-devel.  Probably
> not such a great idea:
>
>    sudo rpm -ev --nodeps zlib-devel
>
> (Question: Should I post the entire make output, or selected parts of it)
>
> Lots of Make errors (see full text below)
> ./src/node_zlib.cc:28:18: zlib.h: No such file or directory
> ../src/node_zlib.cc:280: error: `z_stream' does not name a type
> ../src/node_zlib.cc: In destructor `node::ZCtx<mode>::~ZCtx()':
> ../src/node_zlib.cc:67: error: `strm_' was not declared in this scope

Sorry, my bad. We link against the bundled zlib in the master branch,
v0.6.x still links against the system zlib.

Updating zlib is probably not an option for you but you can either
switch to master or link against the bundled zlib manually (either by
hacking the wscript or building zlib as a shared object and passing
--shared-zlib-includes + --shared-zlib-libpath to configure).

Hope that helps.