Ryan,

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I didn't really expect either of my
suggestions to solve your testing needs. Rather, I just wanted to make sure
you were aware of them, because you might be able to find a way to leverage
one or both as part of a solution to your problem.

The reason I mentioned Buster.JS is that it will help you to automate
running your tests across multiple browsers. It sounded like your testing
process was going to be manually intensive, and it could simplify it. You
can set up a buster server and attach *real* browsers to the server,
including Chrome/Safari/FF/IE/IOS/Android/etc. Then when you run your
tests, it will run them simultaneously on all attached browsers and report
back success or failure for each. I didn't suggest it because it had any
features specifically related to graphics, but that it might simplify your
testing process. Other similar tools include jsTestDriver and TestSwarm.

I realize PhantomJS will not help you test every browser but thought it
might be good enough to cover 90% of your needs and you could resort to
other more manual methods for the remainder. In fact, I haven't really used
PhantomJS at all except to try out the render script. Since I do not yet
know what all it is capable of, I thought that it might potentially be
useful to you.

I'd certainly like to hear about whatever solutions you do come up with.
Best of luck!

Tauren