I realize this thread has largely devolved into a philosophical discussion
about whether one *should* do this, but I think the technical question of
how one *could* do this is still a valid one.  I've thought about this a
while and so far the only practical and secure answer I've come up with is
to encrypt the javascript using PGP or a similar scheme.   This would
require a custom built version of the node executable that is capable of
reading the encrypted files because it has the public key baked in.  You'd
use the private key to encrypt the javascript files that you distribute
with your application.  Some care would need to be taken to ensure that the
executable couldn't be coerced into producing decrypted versions of your
files.

--Ken