> How many "user"s will there be? Like, <100, <1000, <10000 or many more?

2000+. Each user has any where between 1 and 50 pages. Each page will
probably get anywhere from 0-200,000 requests (total). Most of these users
will use the stock features. The plugins will probably be only used by
advanced users. But how many people actually use plugins will be hard to
predict since we don't have this functionality in our legacy platform.
Users that use plugins will be those who feel limited by the stock features.

So for the most part there really isn't much going on after a request has
been made. A visitor requests a page, sits on it for 3-5 minutes, submits
the form, and then leaves. But the more users we have and the more pages
they have the higher chance of requests happening in parallel. Right now it
doesn't, unless a user gets a huge surge in traffic (Digg effect).