This is a long overdue announcement, but only recently did I have the
chance to get back to this project. It's really a two-part
announcement -- I'll follow up with an announcement of Node-Qt.

Calango.js enables you to run "native apps" (i.e. native graphics +
audio) directly from Node using HTML5 APIs (like Canvas). The vision
is to eventually have an ecosystem of cool native GUIs/apps created
purely in JavaScript/Node. Here are some ideas: a drag-and-drop Git
GUI, a programmer's editor, games, etc.

Calango is written entirely in JavaScript on top of the Node-Qt addon
(announcement coming).

https://github.com/arturadib/calango

This project can be big. If you've ever wanted to create native apps
in Node, now you can. But I need your help -- there's tons that remain
to be done. Hit me up on Twitter at @arturadib, start a thread here,
or better -- send me some pull requests! :)

Can't wait to see the awesome apps you folks will be creating.

--
Artur Adib
Mozilla Labs