I would've hoped you had more fortitude against the attacks on streamline
then to start throwing around hastily designed benchmarks to prove your
point. It sucks that the "sync-looking" advocates have to deal with the
level of aggression they do here. I've expressed that to some people
myself, even though I don't advocate these solutions either. But this is
almost certainly not the way to win hearts and minds.

When you create an abstraction layer, it's almost always slower. That's
just something you're not going to get away from. Even if the benchmark
wasn't flawed, simply because you can contrive a scenario where it wins
doesn't make up for the fact that it stills loses most of the time. Then on
top of that, it becomes clear that streamline does some trickery in
transforming to js that injects more cleverness. Hence the fact that your
example doesn't require an explicit nextTick. So then you leave people with
the feeling that if it is ever faster, it's because streamline has done
some tricky optimizations in the background.

In my opinion, people who are interested in streamline and fibers will
already be prepared to take the performance hit in exchange for ease of
use. A better argument would be that you're committed to making that hit as
small as possible. And assuring people that a 2x difference won't often
make a huge difference in practice. I agree with that, and I think it's
easily defensible. This benchmark is not.

:Marco