Pretty much.

Server authenticates, provides get/set for a user state.
Provides gets for related information.

Does checks for obvious cheating, obvious hacking.
Apple push notifications, managing "pub sub" between players.

All of the game logic is in the client on the phone.

I'll use S3 to do all static content.
If I do a web site, I'll use a separate server.

-tim