I commented in long form on Bruno's blog, but it's not showing for some
reason.  Here are the highlights:

...(paragraphs talking about my experience helping newcomers)...

Node had "promises" early on and we learned a very important lesson with
them.  Hiding the non-blocking nature of code is bad! ...  Node "promises"
had a method called "wait" that would just suspend the current stack and
return the value after the promise was resolved.   This was dangerous ....
 Luckily Ryan has the sense to remove this feature quite quickly, but it
left a bad taste in all our mouths ever since for ... faux blocking.

...(some paragraphs saying that streamline isn't as evil as promise.wait
was)...

I think streamline is a brilliant piece of engineering and I'm sure there
are people who really benefit from such a tool.  Just understand it's not
for everyone.