On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 04:46, rhasson <rhas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using node-gyp and ldflags didn't work for me either.  Maybe Nathan has
> an idea, but I found out that I needed to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH otherwise
> my shared library wouldn't link.

The ldflags setting is what is passed to the linker at the time of
compilation. LD_LIBRARY_PATH affects the search path of the dynamic
linker, which is what is run when a program starts up.

What I mean to say is that a linker is not the same thing as a dynamic
linker (though they're related) and that gyp is only involved in the
compilation phase.