I understand the philosophy of using callbacks as "Please call me
back, when the job is done". Meaning, call me back after calculating
all prime numbers. (avoid roundtrips)

I understand the event emitter philosophy as "Please interrupt me all
the time you have news for me". Meaning, interrupt me for every single
prime number. (lots of roundtrips, because I want to show the most
current state all the time)

So, a PrimeNumberGenerator could offer both versions for every
purpose. And every single app might have a different understanding of
the job size (or chunk size) and what are the news. So, the question
for the app (which uses the PNG)  would be, whether it wants to act on
every event or just act on a final result.

Lothar