On Friday, May 11, 2012 7:59:29 AM UTC+1, alessioalex wrote:

> With a fair benchmark, Node is 50% faster than Vert.x. By fair benchmark I
> mean: both using a single core and both caching the file (so both are now
> using the same logic).
>
> https://gist.github.com/2652991

Incorrect. Vert.x does not cache the file. All this benchmark has done is
disable the thing that was slowing Node down the most in the benchmark (the
file system access). This is not a valid change to the benchmark - a real
web server would not cache the file like this - if the file changes on the
underlying OS the server should serve the updated file, not the old one.

Secondly - this is doing a benchmark using a single core VM on EC2? WTF?
No-one in their right mind is going to run a single core EC2 and expect any
kind of performance.

Thirdly - this is testing the Vert.x JS server only. Try running the the
other languages too, Java is significantly faster.

If you perform the benchmark as it should be performed and not fine-tuned
to make Node.js look good, you'll find that Vert.x seriously outperforms.