Integrating the event loops will go a long way. Basically, instead of:

    var putter = h.async_put(stuff, morestuff);
    putter.wait(); // Presumably this blocks until putter gets a
result?? That's not good! D:

Do this:

    // (non-blocking!)
    h.put(stuff, morestuff, function (err, result) {
        // do stuff with err and result
    });

Remember, the non-blocking is the secret sauce that makes node fast!
;) It'd be a shame to have this cancel out the speed hyperdex seems to
be going for.

Also: How hard would it be to implement this with pure javascript
instead of requiring a c++ build step? That would've been the easier
thing for me by far, and people appreciate the portability anyway.

--Josh

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Joran Greef <jo...@ronomon.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert, spotted the HyperDex project when it was released, the hyperspace
> hashing is really cool.
>

> On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:40:34 PM UTC+2, Robert Escriva wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm a core developer for the HyperDex[1] project.  One of the people
>> working on the project has added complete Node.js bindings[2].
>>
>> The HyperDex team is committed to keeping these bindings updated, and
>> would love feedback from the community to make them better.  WIth the
>> Node.js community's help, we'll make HyperDex integrate with Node.js as
>> seemlessly as possible.
>>
>> Right now, the API is a direct port of the Python API.  This means that
>> HyperDex's event loop is not integrated with Node's event loop, and that
>> applications may not follow all of Node.js' idioms as well as they
>> could.
>>
>> I have a few questions for the Node.js community that I was hoping the
>> folks on this mailing list can help answer:
>>
>>  - I see one prior post to this list mentioning HyperDex[3].  Is there
>>    other interest in official HyperDex support for the Node.js bindings?
>>
>>  - Are there developers close to the Node.js project who are willing
>>    to collaborate to make the bindings better?  We're specifically
>>    thinking that the Node.js community will know of some areas in which
>>    the HyperDex API can be expanded or altered to provide new and unique
>>    features to Node.js applications.
>>
>> I've CC'ed the HyperDex team.  Please feel free to contact us if you
>> have any questions or suggestions about how we can make HyperDex work
>> better for your Node.js app.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Robert
>>
>> 1. http://hyperdex.org/