On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Amjad <isst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I'm new to the great world of Node.js and have been playing around with
> different modules and frameworks. However, there seems a lot of methods for
> sharing server code with the client, and there are no default way for doing
> that.

That's in part because it rather depends on what you're trying to do.
For example, you might be:

* trying to take existing code written for Node and run it in the browser
* trying to take existing code written for the browser and run it in Node
* trying to write a new codebase that will run in both places

As has been mentioned, browserify is probably the best solution for
the first of these. I think it's safe to say that it garners the most
attention, in part because it's good at what it does.

For the last case, you might want to take a look at YUI, which
provides the abstractions to let you write your code once and run it
in both places. Yahoo! has built Mojito on top of YUI and is using
that to create multi-device apps that transparently share code between
client and server. (BTW, you'll likely find that YUI is much more
lightweight and modular than you think.)

--
Martin Cooper