I have successfully built a xpc module for OS/X that fires up node.js
and runs the web server sample code.  Now i need to know how to trap
an XPC message and emit an event into the node library.  So my
question is how do I get an event from an external source and pump it
into the node.js run loop?  I am asking about the C++ code that I
would have to call.

My scenario that I am looking at doing is this.

Mac OS/X app xpc_message_send 'start'   --->  xpc_module with node.js
embedded library initialized
Mac OX/X app xpc_message_send 'do work'  --> xpc_module receive 'do
work'  --> node.js event handling mechanism --> js client object
on('message', function(message) { console.log(message); })

So I am thinking that the binding would be a singleton and the client
would just get messages forwarded to the singleton.

I am just looking with a place to start and possibly a code sample to
look at that does something similar.

TIA