On 5/15/12 10:44 PM, SethP wrote:
Thanks, Ben - I figured you'd be the one to pick this up. (btw - how do
you pronounce your name?)

The reason I think it may be a bug is that the output of the test script
(sans assertion) is as follows:

Tue May 15 2012 19:21:53 GMT-0700 (PDT)
1326405600000 Thu Jan 12 2012 14:00:00 GMT-0500 (EST)
1326405600000 Thu Jan 12 2012 17:00:00 GMT-0500 (EST)

Two dates have identical getTime() values but different hours with the
*same* tzinfo (EST). Regardless of which TZ is the current one, that
should never happen, correct? It's a matter of internal consistency; one
of those lines has got to be wrong. (The bottom line is correct; the
date appears to be parsed as though the TZ is still America/LA)

An old issue, but I thought I'd suggest...

https://github.com/bigeasy/timezone

..if you're still working with timezones and having trouble with this.

Timezone will address problems like one you mention above. It will generate the correct time for any timezone string since the dawn of standard time and into the future.

--
Alan Gutierrez - @bigeasy