Binding more than once is very common - any code that is written with
a closure instead can be written with a static function and a .bind
(and, in general, be more efficient, causing less heap pressure).

But, yeah, the immediate bind vs call was just in response to AJs
query, and it's pretty clear there's no reason to do that
(unless .bind was magically efficient, which it's not, it's just
generally more efficient than a new closure).