Hmmm... I guess Oren wants to have a process running, not to launch it
again in each request.

If the process launch in each request is acceptable, then you could try
https://github.com/TooTallNate/node-cgi
or other options (try: npm search cgi)

It it is not acceptable, then ... hmmmm... FastCGI? I don't know if a
FastCGI server exists written for Node.js. Related thread
https://groups.google.com/group/nodejs/browse_thread/thread/6e852be9ae4e7063/2c048f624147324c
"It would be great if we could use Node as a webserver to service PHP,
Perl, Python etc... requests, passthrough the response or process it
further before returning to client. "

If FastCGI is not the way then:

- What kind of information you need to pass to the other process? a simple
string?
- The other process is a node.js program? or any other executable?