I agree with Nuno on this (but I'm a beginner).
I mostly do functional.... but often I find a places where i prefer an
object abstraction.

And I find that this is mostly the case of the node api, you will find like
a bunch of functions in "fs"... but then things like Stream or the
EventEmitter looks more like objects (classes).

so, I use both but more functional.